How my two year old $130 android still runs butter smooth


November 2016  when I bought my newly released $130 Android flagship Xiaomi Redmi 3s Prime and it’s still running like it used to when I bought it. I’m writing this to share how I used the most out of my entry level  smartphone. I always see people complaining about Android being slow and now we have reached in an era where 6 GB of ram isn’t sufficient anymore. 

My phone was coupled with
  • Snapdragon 430 octa-core processor 1.4GHz max 
  • 3 GB LPDDR3 Ram and 32 GB internal memory
  • 4,100 mAH
  • 13 megapixel back and 5 at the front
Know your usage

Ever since I got my first computer, I’m always trying to figure out my needs giving them priority. Like I need a document editor in my pocket but not a full blown office suit, so I look for alternatives that fits exactly what I need like Google Docs. Always look for better alternatives apps on the app store.

Always clearing the clutter

Every month I review what’s on my phone, from my personal stuff to apps. We don’t realize but we always end up having a lot of duplicates files, unused apps, unread sms and if don’t review them regular this becomes a massive junk and when you reach the verge of no space left or your phone gets slow, we visit the customer service and what do they do? They delete everything (factory reset) and you’re happy with a speedy phone which isn’t last long. I recommend using filesGo and Google Photos apps.

Choosing better apps

Google PlayStore has over a million apps and choosing the perfect app isn’t an easy task. The most popular apps aren’t always the best ones, whole revolution of freemium stuffs bundled with ads, running in background giving you unnecessary notifications that you never asked for. One way to avoid such apps are looking for open source apps like FireFox, Open Vpn, Kodi, VLC etc.

Being an advance user

You see I’m a geek, I like to dig into gadgets I get my hands on and my smartphone tops the list. I keep track of my phone usage, which helps me understand how frequent I use some apps, how much time spend on watching series on Amazon, how fast my battery drain with this data I was able to successfully use speed up my phone and increase battery life.

Hibernation
There are apps which constantly runs in background with different purpose some of them are Messaging, Social Network apps to keep you updated and some of them are News and other click bait stuff that just want to keep you attracted. If you can give priority to apps in your phone Hibernation can play an important role in speeding up your phone and increasing battery life. The Hibernating app I recommend is Greenify. 

Root access
Having root access on your phone grants you complete control of your phone. You have the control to make a decision, one of the best uses of root access is reducing the CPU clock speed. Now this might sound stupid but believe me if you followed me from the start this is going to help you. For daily usage and simple tasks your device don’t need an 1.5 GHz octa-core process with 8 gigs of ram that’s what the OEM sells to you because they want to stand out in the competition. My processor's original speed was  1.4 GHz and I reduced it 900MHz and it significantly increased my battery life by 30% although it may have reduced my benchmarks score but does it really matters when all your tasks still gets done properly and quickly.

Custom ROM
Best part of custom roms are they are completely community based on AOSP (Android Open Source Project) which gives you the stock rom experience and better stability and performance improvements

Charging my phone the right way
Frequent charging up to 80% reduces the wear cycles on your battery and it can boost your battery life up to 200%.

COMMENTS

Name

Android,3,Dart,1,Data Structures,1,Explained,1,Flutter,1,Guide,5,Laptops,3,Linux,2,Mobile,2,Notes,1,PC,5,Projects,1,Rants,3,
ltr
item
Kibibyte: How my two year old $130 android still runs butter smooth
How my two year old $130 android still runs butter smooth
Learn how to use your phone in an efficient way for smooth experience for a long time.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi2EnimBMR_mTmSYUZU8FpD0hFOdfnnoMbac48ZQowuyqyTttNrctHxO_bmWHWRGow3UefRWn1sD1PwNKrAG2AUd7n8P94ZYDpwqE0-LHb2h8YU1JDabLyXf3BeSLLVgvIWubwb36MYVg/s640/Xiaomi_Redmi_3s_Prime_Product_Image_02.jpg
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi2EnimBMR_mTmSYUZU8FpD0hFOdfnnoMbac48ZQowuyqyTttNrctHxO_bmWHWRGow3UefRWn1sD1PwNKrAG2AUd7n8P94ZYDpwqE0-LHb2h8YU1JDabLyXf3BeSLLVgvIWubwb36MYVg/s72-c/Xiaomi_Redmi_3s_Prime_Product_Image_02.jpg
Kibibyte
https://thefatmanme.blogspot.com/2018/07/how-my-two-year-old-130-android-still.html
https://thefatmanme.blogspot.com/
https://thefatmanme.blogspot.com/
https://thefatmanme.blogspot.com/2018/07/how-my-two-year-old-130-android-still.html
true
5328814115800649386
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy